Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Lunch in the Life of a Vegetarian

We've always given Eva a wide variety of foods so that she can decide for herself what she likes while (trying to) steer her clear of most junk food.  These days she seems to be going almost 100% vegetarian by choice. Other than the beef sticks we get from the deli, which we only get about once every other month, she couldn't care less about meat.  She'll eat a few pepperonis on a pizza or a piece of bacon once every few weeks but day to day she could live off veggies, fruits, milk and cheese.  And I guess I can't complain, it's just weird to me since I think I'd die in my first 48 hours without meat!

Here's a photo of her lunch for today: baby carrots and dip, blueberries, Babybel cheese, Stonyfield organic yogurt and she'll get milk from school. And for snack she has nutrigrain bars, her fav clif kid ropes and goldfish crackers.   


Maybe this is just a phase and she'll become a beef and pork eating machine in the next 6 months... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment