Thursday, August 29, 2013

Goodbye Montessori, Hello Kindergarten

Today was Eva's final day at her Montessori school and I'm a big ball of emotions over it. On one hand, I am so very sad to be leaving a place that has been pivotal in her childhood. Yet on the other, I am so excited for her to begin kindergarten.  We had open house at her new school on Tuesday and she was beyond excited: her teacher seems lovely, her class size is smaller than I was expecting given how big the school is, and she seemed to fall right into the swing of things without any help.

I know that part of her will miss Montessori and part of her will love Kindergarten. My hope is that she can hold tight to the child she has become over the last 3 years- compassionate, empathetic, kind, curious, loving, silly- and not lose them in the shuffle and noise of a big school. 

“The things he sees are not just remembered; they form a part of his soul.” ~ Maria Montessori 




No comments:

Post a Comment