Monday, October 1, 2012

Lake Harriet

Eva and I had the most wonderful Saturday this past weekend.  We spent the whole day together down in Minneapolis enjoying the perfect weather and each other's company.  I love having just one tiny tot to focus my energy on.  I also really loved being back in the city; it's just so vibrant and diverse and has so much culture and depth, not that I'm not forever grateful for my wonderful home and life in the burbs, but it's just not the same. Maybe one day I'll convince Jason to move...

Anyhoo the day included:
- acting and music class at the Children's Theatre
- lunch at Chipotle in Uptown
- playing at the new playground at Lake Harriet
- long walk around Lake Harriet
- frozen treats from Bread & Pickle at the Lake Harriet Band Shell
- gawking at fish in the lake off the dock
- stop at the Sugar Sugar candy store for some licorice and a candy necklace
- shopping at the Whole Foods co-op for some nummy food and some organic butt paste since Eva's not too good with the wiping of the butt thing when she's at school due to her T-Rex arms
- getting Eva's first pair of Toms shoes
- party at daddy's friend Seth's house and playing with his kids all night

Whew! Too much fun for one day so Sunday we were bums and napped, watched the Packers game, had crab legs for dinner and then Jason and I watched the season premiere of Dexter after Eva went to bed.

A truly wonderful weekend indeed :)

Puppet Show
The puppet show followed me into the bathroom stall- lovely!

"Imagination is intelligence having fun"





 










Loved all the Vote No signs in Minneapolis! Vote No on the marriage amendment and Vote No on the voter ID bill!




10 minute power snooze in the car to recharge for the evening

got a little artsy with these last photos :)


This is my absolute favorite.  Eva was hamming it up in the band shell and singing and dancing as loud as she could with an audience of smiling old ladies watching contently.  I caught her mid-vogue in the photo. PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment