Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sicky Poo McGoo

Eva's school called on Monday afternoon to tell me she had a temperature of 102 and so, for the first time in her 1 1/2 years there, I had to leave work to get her.  Considering her old daycare called every time she had a fart stuck sideways, I consider myself pretty dang lucky for her school's overall healthy kid level.  As my friend LaRae says, once you take babies and dirty diapers away- with all their germs and guck- you take away 99% of the cause of kids getting sick at school.

So we spent Monday night at home being pitiful on the couch, Tuesday was a bit better and I even ran two errands, but Wednesday was still a no go so Baba came to the rescue and stayed home with her.  Side note: I have officially become one of those moms who cannot miss work on certain days, even if her child is sick.  I don't know whether to pat myself on the back for having a career that actually requires my presence or cry for being one of those working moms... jury is still out.

She's back at school today; just in time to be well enough to make it to gymnastics tonight.  I think she planned it that way but hey, a little Baba and Mama time never hurt anyone!

Burning up!

Tyson could tell something was up, he's never gotten in bed with her like that before

Feeling better!
p.s. I have no idea why one of my eyes is open more than the other...


This photo's actually from last weekend but was too cute not to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment