Friday, December 21, 2012

MIA Birthday Week

As many of you know my birthday celebration usually lasts a whole week and I take tons of photos and I blog about it and it’s just a really fun time of the year (for me).  Last Wednesday I spent with my dad- we went to the Cafeteria in Uptown and then saw a really cool documentary about global warming.  Thursday was fabulous, I went to Benihana with 7 of my bestest girlfriends in the whole wide world and then hit up a local bar afterwards. And then Friday came.

I was on my way to south Minneapolis for training when the announcement came on MPR that the shooting they’d be covering in Connecticut had fatalities.  26 fatalities. 20 of them little children.  It felt like someone punched me in the stomach.  I had to slow down and breath deep and once I was off the freeway I called my mom, Jason, my friend LaRae and my best friend Maria and I just cried on the phone with each of them.

I don’t know if it’s the fact that we’re deciding kindergarten for Eva right now (and by right now I mean literally right now, this week we are filling out the paperwork) and the children killed were in kindergarten or if I would have been this affected if they were older but this whole, sad story has really shaken me. I cried a lot the first few days and I've cried at least a few tears every day since.  I'll get back to my normal, post happy self soon enough, but for now I'm just so sad.

And the NRA proposal today that all schools should have armed guards would be laughable if people weren't so quick to sign on.  There was an armed Sheriff at Columbine- he had worked there for over 2 years- and well, we all know how that turned out.

Rest sweetly little angels, you will be missed dearly...


No comments:

Post a Comment