Monday, June 25, 2012

Things We Love

Eva
1. Clif Kid Z-Fruit Ropes
Eva would eat these things for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let her. I don't, since they are good in terms of kiddie snacks (no additives or dyes), but don't actually have any protein or other stuff kids need to grow big and strong, but I am happy she likes these over the total sugar ones. 
2. Nature's Path Organic Pop Tarts
I hate pop tarts. Not because they aren't delicious, but because pumping anyone full of sugar at 6:45am is a recipe for disaster, so why we do it to our kids is beyond me.  But I did find this slightly less horrible version of the traditional pop tart a few months ago and since Eva is used to oatmeal for breakfast, these seem like heaven to her. So we get a box every now and then and she gets to have one while she watches Phineas and Ferb in the morning.  Side note: Phineas and Ferb the cartoon is actually watchable for adults- score!


3. Disney Princess lipgloss
My lipgloss is cool
My lipgloss is poppin'
I'm standing at my locker
and all the boys keep stoppin'

Oh the joys of modern bubble gum music. I'd love it more- since the beats can be fun- if it wasn't so terribly written. At any rate, Miss Eva received more lipglosses than a 4 year old ever needs from Auntie Maria a few months back and she is now covered in both lipgloss and the glitter from the container the lipgloss comes in 94.2% of the time.  The other 5.8% of the time she is in the bath washing off said lipgloss and glitter... which she quickly reapplies upon exist.
Mommy
1. Absolut Grapevine Vodka
I'm not an alcoholic, I swear.  I actually haven't even been intoxicated since Las Vegas which was 2+ months ago but, when I was getting tipsy, it was on this sweet sweet nectar of the gods.  It hails from the motherland, so that earns it bonus points right off the bat and it's sweet-but-not-too-sweet blend makes it perfect for having on the rocks or mixing with lemonade.  I've been craving it ever since I got back from Vegas. Now if only I could find a night off from work and mommy duty (plus the next morning!) to enjoy it I'd be set...



2. Photo Shop Elements v10
This is an extension of my new all-consuming photography hobby. I use photoshop, which is a software product, to edit and make all sorts of changes to the photos I take.  Okay... so that's kind of a lie... since all I actually know how to do at this point is lighten a photo that is too dark and add some blurry glow to a face- but mark my words I will improve!

3. My Kindle Fire
I've had this since November but I still just can't get enough of it.  From playing Tetris while bored to downloading brand new books with the tap of my finger to checking Facebook to playing Memory with Eva to listening to music while I work out- this thing does it all.  If you don't have one, get one.  All the cool kids are doing it. 



Daddy
1. Long Horn Mint chew
Okay, so Jason asked me not to put this one in (shows how well I listen, right) saying that it's not something to be proud of.  Well, my vodka one isn't going to win me any parenting awards either, but it's true, so I included it.  Jason chews, more or less, constantly during his waking hours. So if this post embarrasses him enough to cut down even just a little bit, it'll be worth it.  Ahhh humiliation and shame, the foundations of a healthy marriage :) 
2. Netflix on Wii
Movies, TV shows and documentaries all streaming at the push of a button, what's not to love? 



3. Manly bedrooms
I'm a cool enough wife that even though I think posters are only for Justin Bieber fans and 14 year old boys who want to put up images of Pamela Anderson, I let Jason put up two posters in our new bedroom (only because they are pretty badass).  They are from the movie 300 and are of King Leonidis and his queen and match our new, sexy bed set.  I pity the fool who stumbles upon a house with a Rottweiler, a machete wielding husband and a wife whose headboard reads "You will not enjoy this." 


Entire Family
1. My chili
Everyone likes their chili a little different. Some like lots of beans, some really spicy, some with noodles etc. So to say I make the best chili in the world isn't really fair. What I will say is that for the type of chili we like, I make the best chili in the world. Lots of meat, little beans, not too spicy yet flavorful and my secret ingredient make it da bomb diggity!



2. Biking
We're a fairly active family but we're usually independently active.  Jason has his whole home gym, I go to Lifetime, Eva has gymnastics etc so finally getting bikes and spending time riding together has been great.  Exploring for parks, finding new trails and racing to see who is faster (usually Jason even though he's pulling Eva- damn him!) is always fun.  We'll probably get Eva her own bike next summer but for now, she's content to sit back and demand "faster Daddy, faster!" 


3. Our new house!
Yup, we moved. Again. Don't judge.

We're in a 2,600 sq ft 3 bedroom, 3 bath single family home in Ramsey now with almost a whole acre of land and we're just 3 minutes away from Jason's work.  I'll post more photos as we move in and get settled but for now we're loving the space (except in the morning when I need to go 4 levels down just to grab laundry!)  

Daddy working hard- as always- moving us in

No comments:

Post a Comment