Friday, November 9, 2012

4 More Years!

Some of you are probably wondering about my days of silence on the election.  Well, to say that I am happy with the outcome is an understatement.  My heart swells with pride to know that the US voted for the man I believe is best suited to (continue to) lead us out of the slump left by the last administration (yes, the recession began in 2007) but also I am so incredibly proud of Minnesotans for defeating the amendment that would have constitutionally defined marriage as only between one man and one woman and the amendment that would have added restrictions to in person voting.

In my heart I wanted to post only this photo and leave it at that.


But I don't want to be an ungracious winner. Instead, I'll leave you with a photo that speaks volumes.  Education is the key to moving forward. Moving forward as a person and as a nation. Good things come from knowledge and I believe the more educated a person is, the more they are able to think critically and empathize with others, and in turn vote for the good of all, not just the good of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment