Monday, April 29, 2013

Great Grandparents

We spent this past Saturday bopping around Uptown and south Minneapolis. We stopped by St. Sabrina's for a consultation to have Eva's ears pierced, which she ended up not being interested in at all, we had lunch at 5 Guys, we grabbed a coffee from Starbucks, we went to Lake Harriet and we made our way over to Bloomington to visit my Grandma and Grandpa.

For those of you who don't know, my Grandma has Alzheimer's. It's progressed slowly over the years and she was moved to a home last year. She has good days and bad days, but my Grandpa is there by her side every single day. Ever seen the movie The Notebook? Yea, that's them. Still just as devoted and in love as when they were married over 60 years ago.  Saturday was a good day; Grandma was in wonderful spirits, she seemed to remember both me and my mom for the majority of the visit and, while I don't think she knew who Eva was, she loved talking to her. They even compared their pretty painted nails- such divas :-)

"Grandmothers are just antique little girls." ~author unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment