Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Eva and I have been very busy these past few days.  Thursday night we drove to Madison, WI and stayed overnight at Jason's mom's house- en route to Chicago for Eva's godmother's wedding.  It rained so hard on the way there that I wasn't able to drive much over 50 mph, which, if you know me and my driving style, was beyond nerve racking!  Eva adores her WI Grammie and Grandpa, she'll be staying with them next weekend while Jason and I have our bachelor(ette) parties and rumor has it they're going to the zoo.



We arrived in Chicago in one piece and the festivities began.  Rehearsal at Old St. Pat's Church in downtown Chicago, dinner at Athena's restaurant in Greek Town and wedding the next day with reception at the Hotel Allegro.  It was a pretty hectic few days, especially since I didn't have Jason with to help, but everything worked out as planned and Eva was an angel the whole time.  She walked down the aisle all by herself as flower girl, didn't make a peep during the long Catholic ceremony, let herself be dragged around Navy Pier and Millennium Park for photos all afternoon and started the reception off with a bang by being the first one on the dance floor!  I'll add more photos of the wedding when I get them from the bride.







Sunday morning, before we hit the road, Eva and I had breakfast with our dear family friend Daniel.  He was a college friend of mine who my mom sponsored for U.S. citizenship and now he lives in Chicago- in an amazing lake front condo!- and goes to school.  It was good to catch up; he hasn't seen Eva since she was just a few months old.  How time flies...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment