Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Year

I missed it!  So sorry, but we are sans internet at our place right now... so I'm feeling a little crippled.  But here is what I meant to post:


Today is February 29th, kind of cool if you ask me.  I like things that are rare so I decided to look up the definition of leap year and here's what I found:

"A leap year (or intercalary or bissextile year) is a year containing one additional day (or, in the case of lunisolar calendars, a month) in order to keep the calendar year synchronized with the astronomical or seasonal year. Because seasons and astronomical events do not repeat in a whole number of days, a calendar that had the same number of days in each year would, over time, drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (or intercalating) an additional day or month into the year, the drift can be corrected. A year that is not a leap year is called a common year."

Ugh, I feel so lowly now, all the other years are just "common"- ha



Also, today is the end of the blog challenge!  While I didn't get a new post up every single day, I was able to post over 29 times, so I'll count it as a win.  Thanks for checking in so often, we're almost up to 10,000 views.  I'll have to think of something super special for then!

No comments:

Post a Comment