Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Parks Family!  Jason is nearly 100% Irish, making my little Eva nearly 50% so to celebrate the leprechaun brought Eva lots of goodies.  It was so cute, I heard her call from downstairs this morning, "Mom, look at all the green stuff Santa brought me!"  We had to then explain leprechauns, St Patrick's Day, being Irish etc.  I'll wait until the green fan fare dies down to remind her of her Swedish roots ;-)
We also had a picnic in the park since it's still crazy warm here, we're talking mid-70s and sunny.  I hate global warming but I can't say I mind the gorgeous weather in March.

An Irish blessing for you all:
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.


Goodies from the leprechaun

Coloring with bed head

Fruit before sweets at the picnic


Mmmm cookie



Real Irish girls wear green tutus to the park ;-)



Ran into her school friend Tyler, the proceeded to chase each other for-ev-er

more running

The red hair is totally peeping through here- she looks like a leprechaun!

No comments:

Post a Comment