Monday, September 23, 2013

Be Present

I am the first to admit that I am a total iPhone junkie. I have it on me all the time; it's my calendar, my alarm clock, my camera, my morning news paper, my social media device, it's... well, it's too much. I need to stop. The week that I spent up north over the 4th of July where I left my phone at home and totally unplugged was one of the best weeks ever. And while the whole not being at work- perfect weather- swimming and sunshine helped, I truly believe the no phone to distract me from being present was the biggest part.

So, I got this. It's a Be Present box. A handcrafted, beautiful way for my to literally put the damn phone down and live, because being on my phone isn't living. Living is being with Eva and playing hide-and-seek. Living is listening to Jason talk about his day. Living is reading a good book. Living is cooking and cleaning. Living is going on a walk. Living is laughing out loud in real life, not just texting "lol."

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough troubles of its own. - Matthew 6:24
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment