Monday, September 16, 2013

Mid-Semptember, Where Did You Come From?!

I've been so bad about blogging lately; we've just had so much going on I don't even know where to start... I'll give an update on anything I can think of off the top of my head.

1. First and foremost in the Parks household is that Eva is loving kindergarten. Her teacher is just wonderful, she has already made new friends and been invited to a classmates' birthday party and she seems to be learning new things already. I hadn't planned on her coming home with any new knowledge this year in the year, but I was wrong.  Of the 41 sight words she is expected to know by the end of the school year, in order to be reading at grade level, she already knows 19. She also loves her nightly "homework." I don't tell her that it's not real homework, but rather addition and subtraction sheets I printed out and have her do. Shhh... don't tell her lol



 
2. Eva has moved up to the next level of gymnastics at Twin City Twisters. She is now in the highest level she can be for her age outside of the competition team and she is loving the move to the "big gym" for her classes. In her class are two friends from her Montessori school as well as her bff Sadie. I pick both girls up from school and get them to class on Tuesdays and you would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread with how excited they are.
Disclaimer: Jen, I made sure she didn't have her strap behind her arm while we were driving-
this was stopped at a light when I turned around to snap a photo! :)


3. She swims! Swimming lessons at Foss have started back up for the fall and Eva is a swimming fool. In addition to weekly lessons, we try to spend at least an hour or two at the gym swimming in the pool every Sunday. She can swim the length of the pool- in water over her head- back and forth without stopping or needing my help. She is such a little fishy and it makes me so proud!
 

 
4. While I totally dropped the ball on my monthly "Eva's Book Review" series, we still read all the time.  Eva got her very own library card and I am happy to report that her favorite book right now is one I loved myself as a child, Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel.  Is is the story of how the Chinese came to give their children short, simple names. It may not be the most politically correct book anymore, but it sure if a lot of fun to read out loud.

 
 



 
5. Labor Day weekend we went to the Minnesota State Fair with Baba and Maria like we do every year. It was epic- perfect weather, great food, the bebes were wonderfully behaved and we even got to meet Senator Amy Klobuchar! Eva has now met both Senators at the great Minnesota get-together, how awesome is that? I tried not to bug everyone with my big girl camera all day but I did blog some photos (and my monthly Letter to Our Daughters) on my business page. Head on over to take a look- Rebeccah Parks Photography 

 
 
Whew... I think those are all of my updates for now. Jason and I celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary this week, my dearest friend Jen is expecting her first baby any day now, Sunday School started back up for the fall and Eva begins Girl Scouts next month.
 
We are so very, very, very, very blessed #lifeisgood

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment