Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

God jul. Frohe Weihnachten. Joyeux Noël. Buon Natale. Feliz Natal. Merry Christmas!
Christmas is here and again it was a fabulous holiday.  We spent yesterday at the Masonic Home down in Bloomington.  My great-aunt Marion has lived there for a number of years and my Grandma is there now too so we booked the party room and got the whole gang together.  We had awesome Swedish fare of svensk korv, köttbullar, boiled potatoes, rye bread, ostakaka with lingonberries, and- because no Christmas is complete without it- shots of aquavit!  Then we went to St. Stephen's for 10:00pm service.  I love late night service, it always reminds me of my childhood.  We got home pretty late and did some Santa work before watching a holiday movie and heading to bed. 

This morning we woke up to the biggest dollhouse Eva could have ever asked for and many other great gifts.  We are so very fortunate- thank you to all who sent gifts!  We then went to church here in Champlin and headed to Baba's house to spend Christmas day with my whole family.  More food, more gifts, more songs and laughs, more playing.... and now we're home to watch the Packers beat the Bears for the perfect end to a perfect Christmas. 

Coloring with great-aunt Nancy

The Bodell sisters! Grandma and great-aunt Marion in their stylish matching get ups

Prost!

Uncle Tom, the almost birthday boy Noah and myself


Eva taking my photo

Coloring with great-uncle Tom


At church

Coloring in the pew, so well behaved!


Doesn't he look thrilled to be at church?! ha

SANTA CAME!




Princess Tiana

Rapunzel from Tangled!

New dance and gymnastics leotards



Haskell's in Bloomington sells GIANT bottles of my Riesling- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

That is a normal size bottle of wine to the left of my bottle.... awesomeness

August, Eva and Violet- cutie patooties

No comments:

Post a Comment