Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Surprise from Grandpa Bryan!

We were so excited this afternoon when the mailman dropped off a package just for Eva!  I've said on more than one occasion that I'm nervous Eva might be color-blind because she has learned every other "subject" for her age just fine- counting, ABCs etc- but colors are always a stab in the dark.

So Grandpa Bryan sent a Kaplan Early Childhood Learning backpack FULL of awesome stuff!  There are colored bears, colored bowls, colored magnifying glasses, puzzles and- Mommy's fav- the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See!  I have almost bought the book at least 5 times and always find something reason not to.

We got right to work and Eva did great!  I'm still not totally convinced she isn't partially colored blind, e.g. she'd mix up the purple and blue bears... but she was able to move the one blue bear out of a bowl of purple ones when directed to.  So maybe she's just being silly :-)

She also loved the book and I finally had to cut her off after the 6th reading when my leg fell asleep! 

Thank you so much Grandpa Bryan.
~Love Eva












No comments:

Post a Comment