Saturday, October 2, 2010

Afton Apple Orchard and Pumpkin Patch

I can't put into words how much I enjoy autumn in Minnesota.  The crisp, clean air with hints of bonfires burning and the changing colors always remind me how much I love living in a place with all four seasons.

Today we went to Afton Apples in Hastings, Minnesota.  It's in the far southeast metro so it took a good hour to get there, but Eva was able to nap both ways.  They had a petting zoo, hay rides, jungle gym, live music, face painting, live cider press demonstrations and samples, a "cow" tractor ride, many varieties of apples, corn maze, pumpkin patch, retail store and cafe.  We killed a good 3 hours before we even knew it! 

What I love most about Eva at this age is she is old enough now to say, "Mommy this fun" or "Mommy I no like this."  Today was a "Mommy this fun" day.  What more can you ask for? 

Red, green and yellow all on one tree

Proud Baba


Mommy's butt fit in the kiddie ride!  Wouldn't have been the case a few months ago :-)






Swinging like a big girl!

Checking out her face paint






Rank and file up the ladder!

mmm fresh cider

Picking out her pumpkin


Lounging on the "cowch"




Note: All of these pictures were taken with my brand new HTC evo 4G phone, which I am obsessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment