Monday, January 16, 2012

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood... I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
~  August 28, 1963


Thank you Dr. King, for giving us a vision of what America should be.  While we may not be there yet, I promise to never stopping working towards true equality in my home, my workplace, my church, my neighborhood and my country.  I want Eva to grow up in a world where she is judged by the content of her character and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment