Friday, January 13, 2012

Favorite Bible Passages

We're going to the Minneapolis Tattoo Convention tomorrow and I've been thinking a lot about getting a Bible passage (just the chapter and verse, not the whole thing written out)... we don't have the money for anyone to get a tattoo this weekend but my wheels are turning on what to get.  Here are some of my favs!

Be still and know that I am God. ~ Psalms 46:10

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. ~ Galatians 5:22-23

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. ~ John 10:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Do to others as you would have them do to you. ~ Luke 6:31

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. ~ 1 John 4:8

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. ~ Matthew 6:24

No comments:

Post a Comment