Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

As 2010 comes to a close, I find myself remembering the highs and lows of the past year and looking forward to 2011.

Highs:
- Finally getting hitched!  Jason & I figured a 3 year engagement was long enough ;-)
- Being home with SassyPantsLaRoo and watching her turn into a mini-me
- Getting back to the gym and being more active, for both Jason & myself
- Jason finding a job with a golf course close to home with great, long term potential
- Making new friends!  The older we get, the harder it is to meet new people.  I've met some great people this year and strengthened other friendships- here's looking at you Mrs. Olsson
- Watching so many friends get married.  Maria & Jimmy tied the knot in January, Anthony & Alicia in June and Casey & Steve in September.  2010 is the year when all the cool kids got married, duh.
- Going to Mexico with Jen for Maria's wedding.  I laughed so much on this trip my stomach hurt.

Lows:
I was going to put a list here of all the negative things from the past year... but I think I'll pass.

I caught myself complaining about having to carry so many groceries in when we got home from the store last night.  I stopped myself before I bitched too much and thought, "how dare I?"  Am I really complaining about the 45 extra seconds this bag of food will take to carry inside when 25,000 people starve to death every day?  In the time it took that bag of food to go from my garage to my kitchen, nearly 13 people died, 9 of them were children.  Not from cancer or car accidents, from hunger.  So this year, my resolution is to be thankful every single day for the amazing blessings I have in my life.  To not complain when my dunn brothers coffee isn't exactly how I like it, or I break a nail, or I don't have money for a new outfit... or any other ridiculous thing I have been known to complain about.

I have a healthy child, a happy marriage, a safe home and I never go to bed hungry.
Life is good.




1 comment:

  1. thank you for reminding me to count my many blessings. i often pause to meditate on the pearls you cast but this one really hit home. God bless you, Rebeccah. Looking forward to the coming year and all the twists, turns, giggles it will bring us.

    ReplyDelete