Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mommy Turns 27

Ahhh the big 2-7.  Not yet 30, but getting further from 25 :-(

At any rate, I had a great day.  Jason came to the gym with me today and we did the 500 workout.  It consists of:
- 100 push ups
- 100 sit ups
- 100 burpees (for anyone who doesn't know what a burpee is, take a look here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE)
- 500 weight reps broken down into 10 moves, e.g. 50 squats, 50 bicep curls etc
- 2 mile run

Needless to say it was exhausting but Jason finished in 50 minutes and I came in just under 60 minutes so I was pretty happy.  The me from a year ago couldn't have even made it through the first 15 minutes!

Then for dinner we went out to Ruby Tuesday's with Baba, Grandpa and Uncle Noah.  It was great watching Eva with my dad.  She's always been a little cautious around him, maybe it was the beard?  But she's really warming up to him now and even asked to sit in his lap towards the end of dinner.

This week is sort of a week long birthday celebration for me as I'm going to see Black Swan at the Uptown Theater with LaRae on Thursday then going to Fogo de Chao for lunch with Maria & Jen on Friday and seeing the new Mark Wahlberg movie with Jason on Friday night.

Highlights of the past year:
- Getting married!
- Honeymoon in the Bahamas :-)
- Getting back to the gym and losing 40 lbs
- Getting the new Toyota
- Being able to be with Eva everyday (although having no job has been rough, being with my baby girl has been such a blessing)
- And last but not least, Zac Efron AND Ryan Reynolds are now single... so, life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment