Friday, December 17, 2010

Thursdays With LaRae

Kind of like Tuesdays with Morrie... minus the sadness. Ha

Thursdays are normally Vampire-Diary-new-episode-day for LaRae and I.  I usually go to her place- a whole 3 minute drive away- after her kids go to bed since her husband watches TV in the garage and her kids actually have a set bed time.  If you're scratching your head at the watching TV in the garage thing, I don't get it either.  It's a total Minnesota suburb thing; men have TVs and space heaters and sit in their garages year round watching sports and smoking... well, men besides Jason.  His exact quote, when I told him he should hang out in the garage was, "real men don't get kicked out of their own living rooms."  That settles that I suppose.

So anyway Thursdays are my LaRae day but since Vampire Diaries is on break until the end of January we took this Thursday to go see Black Swan.  It's a psychological thriller starring Natalie Portman & Mila Kunis.  It was good.  Not great, but good.  The acting and dancing were amazing but the movie could have been scarier in my opinion.  But we had fun going to happy hour beforehand, playing pool in a deserted uptown bar, eating yummy burgers from Burger Jones and sitting in the front row of the balcony at the Uptown Theater.  It's a great old theater like they have in San Francisco. 





That's a big beer... I was not able to finish it

Behind the back shot!

Feet view over the balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment