Monday, February 13, 2012

HR Confusion

The following is a quick email exchange between myself and Lisa in HR from this afternoon.  I had new forms to complete now that I'm full time and apparently my ridic long and confusing name, well, confused her- ha!
____________________________________


Hi Rebeccah,

Question….I have seen your name written as both Sjolund-Parks and also as Parks.  This is getting a little confusing in the various places we have you filed.  Can you tell me which one it should be?  Thanks,

Human Resource Lisa
_____________________________________

My response:

My legal name on my social security card is Rebeccah Lin-Claire Sjolund Parks; Rebeccah being my first name, Lin-Claire is my middle name and Sjolund Parks (no hyphen) is my legal last name.


I just never write it as anything other than Rebeccah Parks since the other way gets too long and I run out of space on forms. Also, I don't go by Rebeccah Sjolund Parks, just Rebeccah Parks. So if it were up to me I’d say file me under Parks.


Hope that helps,


Rebeccah Parks
_______________________________________________


Part of me wishes I would have just dropped my maiden name all together and yet part of me is glad I kept it.  Sure, it might be confusing for HR people.... and really, really REALLY long to write out by hand... and a pain in the butt on form that use those stupid bubble boxes... and annoying to explain to people that yes, I have two last name and no, there IS NO hyphen... but in the end, as much as I love being Jason's wife, I'll always be a Sjolund at heart.


Oh and on top of it all, they decided to file me under Sjolund-Parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment