Sunday, February 5, 2012

Soccer

We have an annual chili and cornbread cook off at work and I've won 2 years in a row now for my cornbread.  Last year I used my prize to get Eva into her first gymnastics class at the Brooklyn Park Rec & Park center, she loved it so much it turned into on-going classes at TCT and she's truly blossomed.  This year I'm going to use my prize to enroll her in a soccer and t-ball preschool sampler class.  It will begin the week after her 4th birthday and run through the end of the school year. 


I was a bit hesitant at first, she is so small that I worry about her in contact/group sports but my doubts were put to rest when we walked into Old Navy on Friday night.  She ran straight for a sparkly pink and purple soccer ball, picked up, and drop kicked it half way down the toddler section.  She has never shown an interest in balls or sports at all before so I'm taking this as a good sign.

If she ends up liking soccer we'd put her the Champlin Dayton Youth Sports league this summer and she'd have weekly soccer games.  Then I would officially be a soccer mom... and my life will be complete :-)


After a kick, please excuse the cluttered kitchen in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment